Jeff Lawson, County Administrator
870 South Main St.
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Administrator’s Mission Statement
To manage and support county operations as directed by the Board of Commissioners in order to efficiently deliver services to citizens.
The County Administrator is appointed by the Board of Commissioners to serve as the Chief Administrative Officer, to implement Board policies, to supervise all functions that report to the Board of Commissioners, and to oversee the daily activities of the County. The County Administrator and support staff provide professional support, project management, and policy recommendations for the Board of Commissioners.
The Administrator’s Office is responsible for assisting the Board in meeting identified goals; developing annual budget recommendations; preparing agenda items for the Board of Commissioners; developing procedures to accompany Board policies; conducting program, departmental, and management analyses; coordinating the pursuit of the Board’s legislative agenda; and providing general administrative support.
- Develop internal and external communication strategies
- Maintain/enhance partnerships and relationships that support the mission of Cheboygan County government
- Reduce cost of Cheboygan County government operations
- Maintain the long-term financial health of the County
- Create and foster a culture that promotes creative and strategic thinking to achieve the County’s Mission
- Encourage the establishment of strategic, public/private, intergovernmental and interdepartmental partnerships
- Provide efficient, effective, accurate, and timely information to the Board of Commissioners, departments/agencies, the judiciary, and the public