5 Day Bad Check Notification
The 5 Day Bad Check/NSF Notice can be filled out and printed at the end of this paragraph. Please follow these simple instructions:
- Complete and print the form. (2 copies - one to the Payor and one for your records)
- Send the notice to the Payor by: "certified, return receipt mail".
- If you do not hear from the Payor within 5 days of signing for the Notice, then seek an appropriate policy agency to file a report. (Ex: iIf you live in the City, you would go to Cheboygan Department of Public Safety)
- If the police agency believes that charges are necessary they will issue a Warrant Request to our office for a prosecutor to review.
- If the prosecutor authorizes the warrant, then the perpetrator will be prosecuted.
870 S. Main Street, Rm 143
P.O. Box 70
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Fax: (231) 627-8405
Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30 pm
Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
Amber L. Libby, MPA JD LLM
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
Officer Manager/Clerk for District Court cases
Victim Advocate/Witness Coordinator
Trial Support Specialist
Clerk for Circuit Court Cases
Juliet K. Rettell
Clerk for Probate Court Cases
Matthew J. Friday, MA