Cheboygan County Jail Information
CHEBOYGAN COUNTY JAIL
870 South Main Street
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Phone: (231) 627-3155
The Cheboygan County Jail currently has a capacity of 103 beds. The jail houses pre-trial detainees and prisoners sentenced to 1 year or less.
As of February 8th, 2021 the Cheboygan County Sheriff’s lobby will be open again to the public for gun permits. CPL prints will start again the weekend of February 13th, 2021. Sex Offender Registration will continue to be done via telephoning into the office, until the State lifts their restrictions.
A mask is mandatory, as is a Covid screening, and temperature check.
On site visiting will be done from 8am to 4pm, 7 days a week. Off site (Remote visitation) will go from 7am to 11pm, 7days a week. Both of these visiting types are by appointment only , made through the website, and must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance in order to be honored.
- You are allowed one (1) thirty minute visit per visiting day.
- You and your visitors are to be properly and completely dressed.
- Maximum of 2 visitors per visit.
- All visitors must be seventeen (17) years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All visitors must sign in on the visitors log.
- Any improper behavior by an inmate or visitor will result in termination of the visit.
- Former Cheboygan County Jail Inmates must be out of jail for at least 90 days prior to visiting another inmate.
- Money, 7 pairs of white socks, 7 pairs of white underwear, and a soft cover bible or one other religious soft covered book are the only items accepted. (Accepted during visiting hours only)
- Visiting kiosks are recorded and may be monitored.
Instructions for family member accounts:
To use NCIC messaging and remote visitation service, please create an account using our website videovisit.ncic.com or intouch.ncic.com Once you create this account, please verify your billing account by entering your last card used while funding your phone calls.
Once your account has been verified, messaging and offsite scheduling should now be available.
For more questions, please contact NCIC customer service at 1-800-943-2189
You will need a photo of yourself as well as a driver’s license or ID card for confirmation to schedule a visitation.
Cheboygan County Jail
870 South Main Street
Cheboygan, MI 49721
- Items allowed to be received via mail----money orders, photo's, commercially printed religious materials, magazines and soft cover books. Books and magazines must be sent directly from the publisher.
- Items not allowed---stamps, extra envelopes, blank paper, magazines or newspaper articles, jewelry, food items, books or magazines advocating discrimination, sexually exploited pictures, cash, personal or company checks.
- Incoming and outgoing mail may be read to insure the security of the inmate, staff, and the public.
- Telephones (outgoing only) will be available from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- All calls are collect and are limited to 30 minutes.
- Incoming calls for all inmates shall be life or death emergencies.
- Friends or family may be required to pre pay in order for their phone companies to accept collect calls from the jail. They can call 1-800-943-2189 to arrange pre-payment.
- All incoming items shall be acquired through the commissary, with the exception of white socks and white underwear, and a soft covered Bible or one other religious soft covered book, which may be brought in on visiting day.
- You may not spend more than $50 per week on commissary items. You may only order 14 food items and may not possess more than 14 food items at any time.
- Delivery of commissary is done on Wednesday evening.
- Orders received after your release will be disposed of if not claimed within 7 days.
- Under no circumstances shall inmates leave commissary items for other inmates.
- You must have money in your account to cover your order. Inmates who are indigent (less than $2.00) for two weeks may receive indigent hygiene items weekly by submitting an order.
- No credit will be given once an order is submitted.