The Cheboygan County Treasurer’s Office is an Acceptance Facility for United States Passport Book and Passport Card Applications.
Applications are accepted daily from 8:00AM - 3:00PM.
NEW PASSPORT BOOK APPLICATIONS/NEW PASSPORT CARD APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- One 2x2 Passport Photo (Available at Walgreens, or Wal-Mart)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate with raised seal from County or State Government or Naturalization Papers
- Social Security Number
- Valid Driver's License/Michigan ID or Parent with Valid Driver's License/Michigan ID
- Check or Money order payable to the U.S. Department of State (cash or credit card is NOT accepted)
- $25.00 Processing Fee - Cash, Money Order or Check Payable to Cheboygan County Treasurer
- All persons must be present at the time of application
- Expedite Fee in addition to regular application fee is $60.00 per application plus $20.66 overnight return delivery cost
- Parents must show Driver's License when applying for minor children's passport
- PASSPORT BOOK - Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U.S. Department of State* for $110.00 for persons 16 years old or over OR $80.00 for persons under 16 years of age
- PASSPORT CARD** - Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U.S. Department of State* for $30.00 for persons 16 years old or over OR $15.00 for persons under 16 years of age
*Fees to the U.S. Dept. of State cannot be paid with cash or credit/debit cards. Fees must be paid in the form of a check or money order.
**THE PASSPORT CARD CANNOT BE USED FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BY AIR**
For more detailed information, please visit: U.S. Passports & International Travel.
8:00AM - 4:30PM