Overview and Info
The Cheboygan County Veterans Services Department is open for normal business.
Cheboygan County has implemented the following protocols in an effort to protect the veterans and public of Cheboygan County.
- Veterans and/or their representative are encourage to call to request an appointment or conduct business by phone. Our goal is to complete as much business over the phone and on-line as possible.
- Walk-ins are still available
- Limited seating in the office due to social distancing
- Public that visit during normal working hours must wear a face mask unless they identify a medical condition.
- Public will also be asked to answer questions (COVID) at the front entrance.
- Each veteran is important to us and we will address each individual situation as it arises.
Veteran's Office will be Closed:
07 September 2020
Veterans Coffee Hour
4th Wednesday of Every Month from 9-10AM
Note Location Change TBD
Veteran Service Office - Wolverine Location
1st Wednesday of Every Month from 10AM - 2PM
AL Post 122 Wolverine
**New VA Changes**
*** Blue Water Sailors and Surviving Spouses
(those who served on ships within 12 NM of Vietnam and Cambodia from
Jan 9, 1962 to May 7, 1975)-
***Give the office a call. There are changes in 2020
- New VA Appeal Process and Forms as of Feb 2019 to comply with the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017
- New VA Non-Service Connection Pension and Survivors Pension rules - income/asset maximums greatly increased as of 19 Oct 2018
- Camp Lejeune from August 1, 1953 through December 31, 1987 (30 days within these dates)
See Flyer Below
To assist veterans and their families in obtaining any and all county, state and federal benefits to which they are entitled, with utmost courtesy, compassion, confidentiality and respect.
Assistance Provided for:
- Service Connected Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension
- VA Health Care Enrollment
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Life Insurance Services
- GI Insurance Benefits
- Dependents and Survivors Benefits
- Widows Pension
- Burial Benefits
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Housebound Aid and Attendance Services
- VA Civilian Health and Medical Program CHAMPVA
- Limited, emergent financial assistance to qualified veterans and their immediate families
- Assistance with debt management center issues
- Educational Benefits
- Certificates of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Commissary and Exchange Privileges
- Correction of Military Records
- Application for Medals and Military Records
- DD214 (Military Discharge)
- Automobile and Special Adaptive Equipment
VETERANS SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE:
Helpful Veterans Websites:
US Department of Veteran Affairs
Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
US Department of Defense
8:00am to 4:00pm
Veterans are seen by either WALK-IN or can make an APPOINTMENT if time is a factor.
Check for holiday availability.